As the only racecourse to hold the VisitScotland 5-star visitor attraction award, Musselburgh Racecourse is committed to providing a great customer experience for local, national and international visitors. As you step through the gates you quickly get a sense of the relaxed, but professional, atmosphere at Musselburgh Racecourse. Visitors will find all racecourse facilities within easy reach and a wide variety of dining options, a program of entertainment, betting options and information all at the heart of the racing action.
In the past two years significant developments have been undertaken at Musselburgh Racecourse: A new stable block and cafe, the East Lothian Education Centre, upgraded track irrigation system, refurbished toilets in the main grandstand and recently completed track improvements to the winning post bend.
The bend track improvements have involved integrating a strip of fibresand all-weather surface into the jumps turf track around the winning post bend. The £100,000 investment will improve the surface around the bend and maintain a consistent racing surface in this previously difficult area throughout the jumps season.
Musselburgh has recently invested £140,000 in an Owners and Trainers marquee facility, which is located just beyond the Queen's Stand. The exclusive facility provides privacy and comfort for racehorse owners and their trainers, where they can discuss their horse(s) and have refreshments, or celebrate a win with a drink from the bar.
We take the utmost care to ensure our communication, facilities, staff and services are of a 5-star level in order to ensure that our visitors enjoy the highest quality experience during their visit. Through pre-event communications and clear, concise signage, we ensure that transport, parking, ticketing and the use of our facilities on the course, make the customer journey at Musselburgh Racecourse as simple and as efficient as possible.
In 2012 we invested in innovations around the racecourse in order to enhance the visitor experience. Recent upgrades include:
· Upgrading of our toilets on site which improves the quality of our facilities for our customers.
· £10,000 investment in new signage including directional and informative signage around the course.
· Development of our race programme to become more user friendly and informative for novice race-goers and seasonal race-goers.
· Continuous improvements are being made to utilise our racecourse CCTV to provide comprehensive information to our customers about the course, our suppliers and our commitments to great customer service.
· Development of our family areas has increased to the picnic area on large family days, creating a ‘family zone’ in the form of a children’s party paddock or marquee.
We measure success by the ever increasing number of visitors and the quality and calibre of the racing field that we attract to the racecourse each year. In addition, we actively seek regular and ongoing feedback from all stakeholders (of both a positive and negative nature) to strive to improve and deliver that ‘Musselburgh Experience’.