The Bernard Hunter Friday Night at the Races
Friday 29th July 2022
The perfect opportunity to embrace summer and catch up with colleagues, family or friends.
Join us for our infamous Friday Night at the Races - an evening packed full of thrilling flat racing and entertainment to suit everyone. Musselburgh's late afternoon race meeting offers excellent flat racing and has a great end of the week atmosphere.
We're only 6 miles from Edinburgh City Centre with direct transport links and a courtesy bus from Wallyford (connecting to Edinburgh) and NewCraighall (connecting to Galashiels) train stations.
Children 17 years and under are admitted FREE at Musselburgh Racecourse when accompanied by a paying adult.
Upgrade your experience
Well Hung & Tender Burger & Beer Package
Add Beef to your raceday! This package provides admission, race programme and a 100% Aberdeen Angus burger from “Well Hung and Tender” – cooked in front of you, topped with Lockerbie cheddar cheese and fried onions, with a portion of chips. Enjoy alongside a cold pint beer, glass of house wine or soft drink.
This package is available to individuals and groups on selected racedays.
- Vouchers for food and drink will be available for collection on arrival at Entrance 3.
- Please pick up your “Well Hung and Tender” Burger from our food court and enjoy it in our many outdoor picnic areas.
Fish & Chips Package
Add some salt & sauce to your raceday! In addition to general admission, receive a Race Programme and enjoy a portion of freshly cooked fish and chips, with a choice of breaded or battered fish, accompanied by a cold pint of beer, glass of house wine or soft drink.
This package is available for individuals and groups.
- Vouchers for food and drink will be available for collection on arrival at Entrance 3 and group organisers should distribute to their guests.
- After collecting your traditional Fish & Chips package you will be able to enjoy it in our many outdoor picnic areas.
Champagne & Seafood Platter
Delve into our delectable new Champagne and Seafood Platter experience. Add a real touch of elegance to your raceday! Sit back and relax in our luxury Pommery Bar, whilst enjoying a glass of Pommery Champagne and our seafood platter.
This experience is ideal for a group (min of four) and includes:
- Raceday admission
- A reserved table in the Pommery Bar (or lawn depending on the weather)
- A bottle of Pommery Champagne to share
- A race programme per person
- Sustainable Scottish seafood sharing platter
This is the perfect way to celebrate with friends or family whilst you soak up the raceday atmosphere.
This package must be booked in advance and cannot be purchased on the day. On arrival, VIP admission badges should be collected from Entrance 2. This package is for a minimum of 4 to 12 people. Please note, bookings of 6+ people may be split across different tables.
Give your guests the finest experience
Epperston Restaurant Packages
Dine in style, in our Epperston Restaurant ~ perfect for intimate gatherings of 2-8 people. Situated in the heart of our historic Grandstand, it offers the perfect blend of heritage, in a modern setting with unrivalled views across the final furlong.
Entertain guests with a fine dining Epperston Hospitality Package and enjoy:
- Your reserved table provides a base for the day.
- Pommery Champagne reception.
- A three-course menu prepared and served by Heritage Portfolio.
- A locally sourced cheese selection or Afternoon Tea.
- Enjoy a panoramic grandstand view of the racecourse with private bar, Tote betting and Racecourse TV.
Advance booking is required.
The Queen's Stand Restaurant
Offering stunning views across the winning post, the racecourse, and the parade ring - our Queen's Stand has a real royal flare. Opened by Princess Anne and visited by Her Majesty The Queen in 2016, it is rich in racing heritage and tradition.
Our restaurant package includes:
- VIP admission
- A table for the day
- A raceday programme
- Pommery Champagne reception
- An exquisite three-course meal and a luxury locally sourced cheese board.
- Finished off with tea and coffee and some homemade Scottish tablet.
Queen's Stand Private Boxes - Platinum Experience
Enjoy the most exclusive and elegant location on a raceday. Our private Queen's Stand boxes are the ultimate jewel in our crown. With balcony views across the racecourse, the final furlong, you can soak up the atmosphere while you and your guests enjoy a memorable raceday experience.
Our platinum experience is our most luxurious package. It includes a champagne reception hosted in your own private box, mouth-watering canapés, followed by a three-course menu prepared and served by the award-winning Heritage Portfolio and finished off with a locally sourced cheese platter.
Additional platinum experience benefits:
- Your own private host.
- A private guest tipster talk.
- A race programme including your own advert within the programme.
- Naming of a race title.
- £5.00 betting voucher per person.
- Judging of the 'best turned out horse' in your race.
- Presentation of mementoes to the winners.
- Presentation photographs.
- Television coverage on Racing TV.
- Social media coverage.
- High profile advertising banners.
Come and enjoy the finest quality food, in superb surroundings. Perfect for all gatherings.
* Please get in touch if you have a bigger party.
Sponsorship ~ Race Title
Sponsorship of a race or races through the year is an excellent option for brand exposure to a targeted demographic. It includes naming a race, branding on the racedays, programme advertising and TV adverts. The race titles are used in the media in the lead up to the day and are used regularly throughout the day over the PA and paddock interviews etc. Sponsors credits can also be built into our PR and online marketing activity to help build awareness of your involvement on the day. To better understand your objectives and budget, we are happy to discuss, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this does not include admission or hospitality.