Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry (Conditions) to Musselburgh Racecourse apply to all persons entering the racecourse and grounds. These Conditions are issued by the Musselburgh Joint Racing Committee.
Acceptance of these Conditions will result in a legally binding contract between you and us which include the terms of the licence which we have granted to you to enter the Racecourse. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Persons = Attendees/you/your
Musselburgh Racecourse = the Racecourse
Musselburgh Joint Racing Committee = the Executive/we/us
Terms and Conditions of Entry = Conditions
General Conditions and Special Conditions
These Conditions consist of the general conditions set out in Part I (General Conditions) and the special conditions set out in Part II (Special Conditions).
The General Conditions apply to all Attendees. Unless an Attendee informs the Executive that permission to enter the Racecourse under one of the categories of Special Condition is required, all Attendees will be admitted on the terms of the General Conditions only. To obtain permission to enter the Racecourse under one or more of the categories of Special Condition an entrant must make a specific request to the Executive. A person will only be regarded as entitled to enter the Racecourse under one or more of the categories of Special Condition where expressly and specifically granted the right to do so by the Executive.
Special Conditions for the following classes of attendee can be found in Part II of these Conditions:
Participants in Racing / Racing Professionals, Media Contractors and Licensees, Photographers, Press, On-Course Bookmakers and staff, Contractors, Trades and Exhibitors, Annual Members and Advanced bookings.
An Attendee may be permitted access to the Racecourse on the basis of more than one of the categories of Special Condition. Each category of Special Condition shall take effect without prejudice to the others.
If you do not understand or have any questions relating to these Conditions you should contact the Executive without delay for clarification.
Every Attendee entering the Racecourse shall be deemed to have accepted all The Rules of Racing and shall do so subject to The Rules of Racing published by the British Horseracing Authority from time to time.
Entry to the Racecourse shall be at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse entry to or expel any person from the Racecourse who is, whom we reasonably believe to be, or whom to the best of our knowledge has in the past been, in breach of these Conditions.
We operate a policy of zero tolerance with regards to drugs use and the supply of drugs on our premises. Admission will be refused to anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs. A policy for searching patrons on entrance to the venue is in place.
All discounted admission tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. In exceptional circumstances discounted tickets may be transferred if Musselburgh Racecourse, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
The use of any device or communications equipment to capture and disseminate audio, visual, audio-visual coverage of and data relating to any race or fixture is strictly regulated by these Conditions. Please see Condition 10.
Our liability under these Conditions is limited. Please see Condition 14.
Musselburgh Racecourse is not liable for any damage to any items including clothing and/or personal belongings that may occur at the racecourse.
Musselburgh Racecourse are not responsible for any personal belongings left unattended. Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
Please note there will be a late entry charge (after the fourth race) on all race days - the reduced admission charge will operate after the fourth race and will be £10.00 on non-seasonal highlights and £15.00* on seasonal highlights (no late entry for Ladies Day). *Subject to change.
Please note that all prices are subject to change and may be altered at any time.
Full Terms and Conditions and Special Terms and Conditions of Entry
Click here to download the Full Terms and Conditions of Entry to Musselburgh Racecourse
SCOPE OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT
- The following Supplementary Conditions - COVID-19 Code of Conduct (this “Code of Conduct”) supplements the Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Racecourse, including any applicable Special Conditions (the “Entry Contract”).
- This Code of Conduct should be read in conjunction with the Entry Contract. However, if any provision in this Code of Conduct conflicts with a provision in the Entry Contract, this Code of Conduct shall take precedence and shall modify the Entry Contract to the extent necessary to give effect to the relevant provision of this Code of Conduct.
- Unless stated otherwise, any terms used in this Code of Conduct shall have the meanings given to them in the Entry Contract.
- This Code of Conduct will be continuously updated in accordance with current Government guidance. Until further notice, all Attendees should review this Code of Conduct each time they attend the Racecourse.
1 Code of Conduct
All Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) shall be deemed to have accepted, and agree to comply with, this Code of Conduct. Attendees are admitted to the Racecourse strictly subject to this Code of Conduct. There are no exceptions.
2 All Attendees
2.1 All Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) shall:
- comply with all current Government requirements and guidance regarding COVID-19;
- comply with any health checks required by the BHA and/or the Operator prior to being given access to the Racecourse;
- observe all social distancing protocols and wear any PPE (such as masks or other face coverings) in accordance with the Government guidance in place at the time;
- maintain personal hygiene including, but not limited to, by regularly washing their hands, using hand sanitiser, avoiding touching their face and observing coughing and tissue etiquette.
- only use any hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes or other personal hygiene products made available at the Racecourse for the purpose for which they have been provided and shall not remove these from the locations in which they are provided;
- follow all racecourse signage and the instructions of staff, officials, the police or other emergency services present at the Racecourse at all times;
- only attempt to access those areas for which they are entitled under their Ticket; and
- comply with the Rules of Racing.
3 Attendees Entering the Racecourse other than as a Private Individual
3.1 In addition to complying with Section 2, all Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) in any capacity other than as a private individual, shall:
- comply with any training requirements required by the BHA and/or Operator prior to being given access to the Racecourse;
- use, in the correct manner, any PPE identified as appropriate to their role;
- wear required accreditation at all times;
- only attempt to access those areas of the Racecourse for which they are accredited and, in any event, the Attendee shall not enter any area of the Racecourse unless reasonably necessary for fulfilment of their role;
- follow the instructions of all members of the Racecourse Executive and BHA Officials (including but not limited to the COVID-19 Officers);
- maintain responsibility for disinfection of their own equipment in line with agreed procedures;
- comply with all changes to operating procedures relevant to their role; and
- leave the Racecourse immediately after the last race, or when the Attendee has completed their duties.
4 Breaches of this Code of Conduct
4.1 Any breach of this Code of Conduct will be reported to the Operator and the BHA Stewards. There will be a zero-tolerance approach to breaches of this Code of Conduct. In the event of any breach by an Attendee, in addition to any applicable sanctions set out in the Entry Contract:
- the Operator (with the full support of the Racecourse Managing Executive and BHA Stewards) may immediately remove the Attendee from the Racecourse, regardless of the Attendee’s role or status;
- the BHA Stewards may take regulatory action against the Attendee in line with the powers available to them; and
- the Attendee acknowledges that they may be liable to sanction from their employer or any organisation that is responsible for them.
4.2 Any individual who is ejected from the Racecourse for breaching this Code of Conduct may be unable to attend a fixture at the Racecourse or any other racecourse until further notice.
Please contact the team at Musselburgh Racecourse if you have any questions or require our Terms and Conditions of Entry in an alternative format.