All your racegoing questions. Answered
We hope that you have found everything that you are looking for. If not please use our FAQ’s section and if you still have questions. Get in touch.
You can purchase tickets for a fixture through our website up to an hour before the first race. You are also able to purchase tickets on the gate however we recommend purchasing in advance as our first price is the best price.
Yes, walk-up tickets will be available on the day unless the raceday has sold out.
*Children 17 years and under go free, when accompanied by an guardian. Not valid on Ladies Day. Child tickets can be obtained on the day of racing.
Yes, we would prefer if all tickets were printed prior to arrival. We can scan off a mobile but the QR code should be showing and brightness up. Please be aware that you will be asked to self-scan your ticket on arrival.
To ensure the best saving, we recommend purchasing your tickets as soon as possible. Our first price is our best price.
We offer concession tickets to those over 65 years and to students - please ensure you have the relevant valid I.D with you. Concession tickets can be purchased in advance on our website or obtained on the day at the turnstiles, with the exception of Ladies Day. We recommend purchasing your concession ticket in advance as it will be more expensive on the day at the turnstiles. Please be aware that we are working with Blue Light Tickets and Tickets for Troops, if these apply to you then please follow the links to their websites.
Eligibility for concessions:
- Students only with valid student ID featuring a valid expiry date
- Young Scot cards
- Senior citizens, aged over 65 with proof
- Please note, carers go for free with a valid 'Plus One' card or other carers documentation when accompanying a paying adult or concession, with the exception of Ladies Day. If you have any questions regarding this, please email the team at email@example.com.
No, under 18's do not need to purchase a ticket as long as they are attending with a paying adult*.
*This does not apply to Ladies Day as it's an annual sell-out event, all attendee's must have a ticket.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable unless the event has been cancelled. If the event is cancelled, we will be in touch directly with ticket holders explaining how they can apply for a refund.
Parking for all racegoers including disabled parking will be at Car Park 3, you will then be directed to the appropriate entrance. Racegoers are welcome to leave their vehicle in our car parks overnight. Please be aware that this is at their own risk and the car park gates may be closed outwith the hours of Monday – Friday, 9-5pm. Please see our map for further information, click here.
Spectators are welcome to travel to and from the raceday by any form of transport, although private transport is preferred given the reduced risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please visit our Find Us page for more travel information.
Our courtesy buses to and from the racecourse from Wallyford and NewCraighall train stations are back in operation. For arrival and departure times, click here.
Our preferred method of payment is contactless or card, where possible to reduce the cash handling. Cash will also be accepted. We do have two cash machines on-site which have a £2 charge.
Yes there will be a number of bookmakers on-site throughout the event including Tote betting.
When entering the racecourse (racegoers on-foot will enter via entrance 3 or 1), you’ll see physical distancing queuing markers on the ground. Please use these to respect physical distancing when waiting to enter. Upon entry, you will be required to wear a face-covering and sanitise your hands. We will already have your information for the Scottish Governments Test and Protect on file as this was obtained during the ticket purchasing process so you will not be asked to repeat this. A member of our team will then check your ticket and talk you through the safety measures in place during your visit.
Yes there will be food and drink outlets across the racecourse grounds. They will be selling hot and cold beverages; fish and chips; burger and chips; sandwiches and salads.
You will be able to download our digital race programmes on the day. Please visit the fixture page for the raceday you're attending to download. You will also be able to purchase a race programme on course.
Yes, we will have single toilet units available for use. These toilets will be cleaned and sanitised regularly. There will also be anti-bacterial sanitiser available in the toilet areas.
Disabled toilets will be available at Pinkies bar, for more accessibility information, click here. Access to the disabled toilet will be via security personnel only - please inform a member of our security team if you wish to use it and they will organise it promptly.
Due to the nature of the event and our health and safety protocols, there will be limited outdoor cover. Please ensure you dress for the weather. As you know, Scotland can experience four seasons in one day so please come prepared. Access to the grandstand steppings, which has some overhead cover is available.
Please visit our main office, situated just in front of the Pommery Lawn. A member of our office team will be happy to help with any queries throughout the day. Alternatively, please send us a private message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and we will be happy to help.
Due to our strict safety protocols, this will not be possible. If you need to leave the racecourse as a matter of urgency, please contact our Customer Services information desk or speak to a member of our security team.
If you find something you believe to have been lost, please hand it in at the office. If you see something suspicious please let a member of the raceday team or security staff know immediately.
If you have lost something, it may have been handed into the office.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Musselburgh Racecourse. On arrival, all ticket holders can access the racecourse from Entrance 3. You will have access to all our public areas including a large picnic area overlooking the track, where we will have plenty of outdoor seating available. Our trackside racecourse bars and our Harris Tweed Bistro will be open. The bistro must be pre-booked in advance, call 0131 665 2859 to book. Please note, you are not permitted to bring drink on-site.
- What should I do when my horse is entered – If you plan to come racing you can book your badges on the PASS system as soon as your horse is entered. If you do not then declare your horse these badges will automatically be void.
- Should I book badges in advance – Yes all your badges should be ordered via the PASS system before 4 pm the day before racing.
- I am the owner, do I need a badge – Yes you need to allocate yourself one of the badges.
- I don’t have access to PASS – If you are in a syndicate or partnership please ask your manager to book your badges for you.
- I am having trouble accessing PASS – Please contact the PASS helpline before 4 pm the day before racing on 01933 270333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do I need to bring with me – A facemask. Please also bring photo ID with you and a copy of your badge which has been emailed to you. You can bring a copy on your phone or printed.
- What should I expect on arrival – Our signage and declarations email will highlight the Owners car park. On arriving at the entrance your temperature will be taken. Three health questions will be asked and your Id will need to be shown.
- What should I expect as an Owner at Musselburgh – All our owners have a table booked in the restaurant with a 2-course meal. A bar facility will be available in our Owners marquee (current covid regulations may restrict the service of alcohol). With nice weather, we have outdoor seating with views of the parade ring and winning enclosure.
Any questions you may still have – Please email our Owners & Trainers Manager Jane Walker, email@example.com
Personal Assistants go free with a valid Carer’s ID or other carer documentation when accompanying a paying adult or concession. If you have any questions, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
On Ladies Day, we have a limited number of complimentary Personal Assistant tickets. These can only be obtained with a valid Carer’s ID or other carer documentation when accompanying a paying adult. Due to Ladies Day being an annual sell-out, our Personal Assistant tickets will be on a first come, first served basis. They will not be available on the raceday and must be obtained in advance. To apply for one of these limited tickets, please email the team at email@example.com.
Please note that the personal assistant admission policy does not apply to disabled persons 17 and under. It is racecourse policy that all persons under the age of 17 must be accompanied at all times in any event, by a responsible adult who must purchase their own ticket.
Yes, but we do request that dogs are kept on a lead at all times and are cleaned up after.