Job Alert ~ Operations Assistant
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Operations Assistant who is motivated and enthusiastic about events and sport.
Thursday 24th February 2022
Reporting to the Operations Manager this role is to assist in the operational delivery of Musselburgh Racecourse with particular focus is on the Sensational 7 raceday’s which require accurate planning and exceptional delivery.
Helping to deliver a tailored and quality customer experience for a wide range of raceday audiences is required to maintain the VisitScotland 5 Star grading.
- Assist on raceday set up including entrance systems.
- Assist Operations Manager in creation of annual plans for Sensational 7 raceday’s.
- Take, collate and circulate notes and actions from contractor and supplier planning meetings to the wider team.
- Create Operations Documents and distribute to wider team.
- Liaise with transport providers to schedule courtesy and shuttle bus services.
- Assist with the ordering and liaise with entertainment providers.
- Create event documents including maps racegoer related information for website.
- Work with the wider team to generate ideas and features for raceday’s.
Customer Care Team
- Liaise with Customer Care Team Members to ensure sufficient staff are available as required on raceday’s.
- Issue annual staff letter.
- Assist with the annual health and safety training.
- Assist with raceday briefings for larger raceday’s.
- Deal with new customer care team enquiries.
- Work with wider team to arrange annual maintenance works carried out as directed to ensure we can receive our annual safety certificate.
- Accurately record and store information relating to inspections creating a task list based on recommendations.
- Assist the wider team in regular H&S requirements such as fire alarm and emergency lighting tests.
- Process Purchase Orders for all suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure suppliers send invoices in timely and accurate manner.
- Record information accurately and regular to assist the Operations Manager deliver the annual activities within budget.
Wider team support
- Provide cover to Office Manager as required including covering reception on their day off.
- Provide assistance to the wider team as and when required.
- Take accurate notes and actions from team and department meetings.
Non Raceday Events
- Provide support for non raceday events.
The ideal candidate will be well organised with good planning and communication skills. An eye for detail, creativity and numeracy skills in addition to knowledge in using Microsoft Office programs would be desirable. This is a full time, office based role.
Salary: £21,000 pa. Closing date: 9th March 2022
Please email your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - please no agency enquiries.
More news stories